Dalston Practice 1B Madinah Road London E8 1PG Tel: 020 7275 0077 Fax: 020 7923 9209
Some tips for staying healthy
- Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day and cut down on fat, salt and added sugar.
For further information, visit the NHS 5 a day website.
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
For further information, visit the NHS exercise guide.
- Maintain, or aim for, a healthy weight (BMI: 20-25).
For further information, visit the NHS weight loss guide.
- If you drink alcohol, have no more than 2-3 units a day (for women) or 3-4 units a day (for men).
For further information, visit the NHS alcohol guide.
- Don't smoke and don't breathe others' tobacco smoke.
There are local services to help you quit smoking.
For further information, visit the NHS Smokefree website.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Cover up, keep in the shade, never burn and use sunscreen with factor 15 or higher. Take extra care to protect children. For further information, visit the NHS Sunsafe guide.
- Participate in NHS screening programmes when invited, e.g. cervical screening (smears), bowel and breast cancer screening, etc.
And if you have children, remember you can prevent many very serious childhood diseases by making sure your child gets all the recommended immunisations. For further information, visit the NHS vaccinations guide. Apart from one injection that is given at school, all childhood immunisations are available at the practice.
INDEX - Self-Help Centre
- BMI Calculator
- Blood Pressure Calculator
- Explore Body Map
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Live Well
- NHS Choices - Health Links
- Self-Help for Minor Illness
- Stay Healthy
Update Clinical Record
Update your clinical record by sending us your latest information, such as height, weight, blood pressure, smoking status, alcohol consumption...